Today I'm going to share some topics that have been on my heart lately.
- I just found a blog One Happy Mama
(who gave me the idea for Blog Your Heart) that shared her family's
struggle with her daughters diagnosis of Diabetes Type 1. I had never
really understood just how scary diabetes can actually be. I've met so
many people that have diabetes and seem to be doing well that I never
took the time to research it and honestly didn't feel like it was ''that
bad'' of a disease. Let me just say I have changed my mind! I am
praying for OHM and her family, and that research on Type 1 will be
productive in the coming years.
- Things with the LBF are going so well! If you told me a year ago
that I would have such an amazing relationship with this man, I sure
wouldn't have believed you! He's so supportive of me and my current
obstacles and I have to say, it sure makes me feel good knowing how much my goals mean to him. The generosity he shares not only for me, but for my family and friends is so appreciated. I don't know if he fully understands just how much it means to me!
Because of my main goal right now, we have been staying in a LOT and I think we've both been getting a little cabin fever. Today I made a HUGE chunk of my goal and right after, my Fajah Mahadi (daddy) texted me with free tickets for a TFC game on Tuesday. I'm not a huge soccer fan, but free? plans? Yes please! I also got an email for a bed n breakfast Jaunt in Muskoka and LBF has asked me to book it for us!! I love having plans on the horizon. Gives me something to look forward to. The problem with that is trying to remind myself to live in today, not the future, and be grateful for each day and what we can do in the time we have. Remembering to stop and smell the roses every day is something I need to work on!
- I can't say a whole lot about this subject, but work. Oh work. Would you please pray for me?
- There is nothing I enjoy more than making cards for my friends and
family, but I really want to get back into scrapbooking. I have SO many
pages I need to do, but I have been so busy trying to get caught up
with cards and stocking my box of cards!
- Sleep.. I love to sleep. But I got a fun email the other day with some great advice, and one of those pieces of advice was to not sleep so much that you miss life. (When I find the email I'll update this!) This sounds like advice I really need to start taking, and I think I'm going to try my best at heeding it! Yes, I'd rather try to go to bed at a reasonable hour so I'm not tired the next day, but I seem to be tired no matter what time I go to bed.. So why not make the fatigue worthwhile??
Have a great night! <3