Thursday, September 15, 2011

Blog my Heart

 
Today I'm going to share some topics that have been on my heart lately.
 
  • I just found a blog One Happy Mama (who gave me the idea for Blog Your Heart) that shared her family's struggle with her daughters diagnosis of Diabetes Type 1. I had never really understood just how scary diabetes can actually be. I've met so many people that have diabetes and seem to be doing well that I never took the time to research it and honestly didn't feel like it was ''that bad'' of a disease. Let me just say I have changed my mind! I am praying for OHM and her family, and that research on Type 1 will be productive in the coming years.

  • Things with the LBF are going so well! If you told me a year ago that I would have such an amazing relationship with this man, I sure wouldn't have believed you! He's so supportive of me and my current obstacles and I have to say, it sure makes me feel good knowing how much my goals mean to him. The generosity he shares not only for me, but for my family and friends is so appreciated. I don't know if he fully understands just how much it means to me!
    Because of my main goal right now, we have been staying in a LOT and I think we've both been getting a little cabin fever. Today I made a HUGE chunk of my goal and right after, my Fajah Mahadi (daddy) texted me with free tickets for a TFC game on Tuesday. I'm not a huge soccer fan, but free? plans? Yes please! I also got an email for a bed n breakfast Jaunt in Muskoka and LBF has asked me to book it for us!! I love having plans on the horizon. Gives me something to look forward to. The problem with that is trying to remind myself to live in today, not the future, and be grateful for each day and what we can do in the time we have. Remembering to stop and smell the roses every day is something I need to work on!

  • I can't say a whole lot about this subject, but work. Oh work. Would you please pray for me?

  • There is nothing I enjoy more than making cards for my friends and family, but I really want to get back into scrapbooking. I have SO many pages I need to do, but I have been so busy trying to get caught up with cards and stocking my box of cards!

  • Sleep.. I love to sleep. But I got a fun email the other day with some great advice, and one of those pieces of advice was to not sleep so much that you miss life. (When I find the email I'll update this!) This sounds like advice I really need to start taking, and I think I'm going to try my best at heeding it! Yes, I'd rather try to go to bed at a reasonable hour so I'm not tired the next day, but I seem to be tired no matter what time I go to bed.. So why not make the fatigue worthwhile??
Anyways it's time for bed! (hahahaha no joke it's 10:18pm!) And as much as I'd love to stay and tell you more about what is on my mind, I think you have probably heard enough. Thanks for listening, and feel free to share with me what I could pray for you for - whether a praise or a request!
Have a great night! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment